John 8:12— “I am the light of the world, whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but will have the “light of life.”
One of our most important needs in life is to belong. As we pursue having a meaningful life, we see the value of belonging; to belong is to embrace love and acceptance from one another and from God! That is why our Church and our home are so important; they are the places where we experience love from God and His people. Jesus, the light of the world, tells us You are the light of the world. Let your light shine and discover what God has in store for you!
Christian Stewardship is...
…learning how to be a responsible and concerned caretaker of Christ’s Church; it is learning how to enjoy Church life and be happy in Church work, for in Her dwells the fullness of the Spirit of God.
…our active commitment to use all our time, talent and treasure for the benefit of humankind in grateful acknowledgment of Christ’s redeeming love.
…caring for the needs of others.
…offering one’s self to God as He offered Himself to us.
…what a person does after saying “I believe…”, as proof of that belief.
…devotion and service to God and His Church as persons, as families, as diocese/metropolis, as national Church and as Church universal.
Through your stewardship commitment, in 2016, our parish has been able to accomplish:
- In addition to Philoptochos’ monetary donations to various charities and the less fortunate, its members committed numerous hours comforting and assisting sick, elderly and others in need.
- Saint Haralambos donated approximately $33,000 to assist the poor, the homeless and various charities.
- Through the Outreach Committee 900 meals have been prepared and served at Bessie's Table (Soup Kitchen) in Des Plaines
- Meals on Wheels prepared and delivered approximately 300 meals for families in need.
- Saint Haralambos clergy made over 200 hospital and pastoral visits
- Saint Haralambos had thirteen (13) weddings and thirty-nine (39) baptisms this year.
- Our Morning, Afternoon and Saturday Greek Schools have over 250 children enrolled! Sunday School has 235 registered students.
- There are 133 youth involved in ministries like Jr. and Sr. GOYA, Family Night and Little Angels.